The PLEXTALK Pocket is a DAISY-compliant digital book player, MP3 music player and voice recorder all in one compact lightweight unit that you can easily slip into your pocket and take anywhere It great for work, school or leisure and offers unsurpassed accessibility for those with low vision or learning difficulties.
Play back DAISY audio books and text-based DAISY books, NLS Library of Congress books and MP3 music files. The PLEXTALK Pocket supports up to 32GB of files on removable SD cards. You can also upload files to, and download from your PC. Record short voice memos or longer meetings and classes, and even insert headings at the touch of a button while recording for fast, easy navigation during playback.
Listen to your books, music and voice recordings on your choice of the powerful built-in speaker, or you may prefer the included stereo earphone for private listening.
The PLEXTALK Pocket gives spoken information about the current operation and provides key descriptions in Key Describer mode. In addition, it speaks menu items and includes a help function by simply pressing the Number 5 key.
Minimum System Requirements: Windows 2000, XP or Vista
Memory Card Drive Specifications: Type SD/SDHC card
Measures 2.2 x 4.4 x 0.6inches (55 x 112 x 16mm)
Weighs only 3.9 ounces (110 g)
- With PLEXTALK Pocket in your chest pocket or bag pocket, you can enjoy listening to digital talking books and play your favorite music. Simply press a button to insert a heading while recording a long conference or class, and you can playback only what you want to review by navigating by headings. Record short voice memos - great for remembering telephone numbers, appointments, To Do's, etc.
- You just put more capacity of SD card to carry as many books and music you have as possible. PLEXTALK Pocket supports 32GB SDHC.
- Sleep timer function that switches off the unit at the user-set amount of time.
- Connect to Windows PC (Win 2000, XP or Vista) by bundled USB cables and PLEXTALK Pocket becomes an external drive. You just drag-and-drop files on your PC to PLEXTALK Pocket, without any specific folder name rules. Now you are ready to go out with your favorite DAISY books, other digital talking books, music, text, html.
- PLEXTALK Pocket plays books from services including Bookshare.org, Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic (RFBandD). The NLS (National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped) also makes materials available at no charge. Please contact these providers directly for further information about available materials.
- If you have our product PTR1 or PTR2, you can copy the contents on CD from either of them to PLEXTALK Pocket without PC. Just connect the devices by USB cables, then press one button to back up the files on CD to the SD card in PLEXTALK Pocket.
- The battery is recharged via USB. Simply connect PLEXTALK Pocket to your PC
MEDIA: Support for removable 32GB SD cards and USB flash memory You can expand the capacity of storage up to 32 GB SD card.
Media Transfer from USB without PC You can back up the contents in external USB media connected to the USB port.
POWER: Battery Rechargeable via AC Adapter and USBA replaceable lithium polymer battery designed for PLEXTALK Pocket supplies power up to 10 hours for playback or recording. The battery is fully recharged via the bundled AC adapter in about 4 hours.
Sleep Timer Quickly press and release the Power key once to set 30 minutes for sleep timer. The sleep timer setting will increase by 30 minutes for each press, up to a maximum of 2 hours.