• 40 cells for 6- or 8-dot Braille
• 2 USB ports: one for PC/Mac; one for a thumb drive
• Works w/XP, Vista, or Windows 7 PC, or Apple computer
• Use w/JAWS, Window-Eyes (PC), VoiceOver (Mac) screen readers
• Powered by USB port (no separate AC required)
The Perkins Braille 40 version 4 (formerly Seika) offers affordable, yet high quality refreshable Braille. Use it with your Windows PC or Mac computer - connect with a USB cable or with Bluetooth. It also supports a USB thumb drive so you can load a text file or book into the display and use the navigation keys to move through the document.
Plug into a USB port on your XP, Vista, or Windows 7 PC, or Apple computer. It's easy to set up with JAWS, Window-Eyes and other popular PC screen readers, and works with Macs with their onboard screen reader, VoiceOver. Another nice feature is that you never have to plug it into power. It gets all the power it needs through the USB port.
ABOUT BRAILLE DISPLAYS: A refreshable Braille display is an electro-mechanical device for displaying Braille characters by raising dots through holes in a flat surface. These displays enable blind and visually impaired computer users to read text output.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS:
- 40 cells for 6- or 8-dot Braille
- Cursor routing keys
- 8 easy to use programmable navigation or function keys
- Bluetooth connection to both Apple and Windows computers
- Two USB ports: one for connecting to your computer and one for a thumb drive containing text files to be loaded into the display
- Uses lithium batteries for up to 6 hours of use
- External power adapter
- 2-year manufacturer's warranty
Dimensions: 13.0" x 3.5" x 1.0"
Weight: 1.4 lbs.